Okay, I've heard of miracle healings from diseases and broken limbs, but I never imagined a healing for my car.
This morning I was at work at Curves when my cell phone rang. The guy identified himself as the mechanic from the dealership where my car was not being worked on because we couldn't/can't afford it. He went on to apologize for the mix up and that in all his years he never saw anything like it. He talked on in car language and I was completely baffled.
Let me back up and insert an interesting piece to this puzzzle. Last Sunday while I was working with Ma'am, Nelson went to our Sunday School class. He shared our situation and need. One of the dear sweet men in that class talked to Nelson about this guy he knew that worked on cars, especially transmissions. He had a lot of nice things to say about this guy because they are in a weekly share group (think Emmaus) together.
So last night (Thursday) Nelson called AAA to have the car towed over to this new guy's shop. On Tuesday I paid for the work they tried to do, to the tune of $250. Nelson ended up waiting 2 hours for AAA's tow to come. Then I get that call this morning.
When I got home after work this morning there was a message on the machine. The man from our class called and explained the call from the dealership mechanic. It seems that the second mechanic found that the first one did not put enough transmission fluid in our car and there is nothing wrong at all with the trannie. He went right down to the dealership and chewed the first guy out for being so completely inept.
I want to call Nelson so much to tell him, but I have to wait until he's off work. We'll go pick it up tonight and return the loaner car to my friend. And all in time for the next storm that's predicted to arrive on Monday night.
You picked a great time to come home Lucille! My car's all better. I'm blessed and thankful. And I'm not so sure the first mechanic was inept...maybe it was just a miracle healing of a transmission. Why not?
Nothing is wasted. My life is often messy: sometimes because of choices I've made and sometimes becuase life is just messy at times. No matter how the mess comes, one thing remains true: out of the mess comes my message.
Friday, January 30, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Twitter Updates
About Me
- daisymarie
- I am 54 years old. I have been married for 32 years to one of the most incredible men on the face of the planet. Our journey hasn't been easy, but it's been rich in love, forgiveness, joy, and adventure. I'm learning daily that God really does have a plan for my life. I want to live into whatever that means...however it unfolds. I'm an ESFP with a healthy dose of ADD...I love to help people see how very incredible they are and how much love God wants to lavish on them!
3 comments:
Whoo-Hoo!!!!!
I CANNOT believe it. DM, that is such wonderful news! I bet Nelson's going to have to sit down to hear this one!
why not indeed!
*smiling*
hope you have recovered from all that snow!
Post a Comment