Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Now Where Was I?It's been crazy busy.

It's been crazy busy.

Last Friday we took the kids to the McDonald's indoor playland. Every other parent within a 50 mile radius whose child enjoys screaming while indoors and running around like a maniac must have also thought it was a good night for said activity. The kids seemed totally obvlivious to the decible overload. Since the MD's is in a plaza with a favored grocery store, Beth and Nelson decided to shop and leave me with kid watch. When it was all over, I was read for a Bailey's!

Saturday, Caden went home. I was sad to seem him go, but amazed by the quiet that followed his departure.

Sunday was nice. I got to go to church and I led the morning prayer in worship. What a blessing. Beth kept the kids overnight. Another blessing.

Monday, yesterday. Work! I was with my little lady from 8-2 and then Curves from 3-7:30. After work I picked up Penelope and Asher from Beth's. Asher had been sick since Sunday afternoon when she picked the kids up. Suffice it to say there was bodily fluids escaping from both ends in massive quantities necessitating much extra laundry and several exasperated phone calls requiring abundant parental encouragement. He was a bit better when we got him, with fluid only escaping from the bottom--but requiring the lighting of several fragrant candles!

Sunday afternoon, I went to work out on the Lovehandler (an exercise machine we purchased that I love, as it works the core and leaves me feeling like I really did something). I'm pleased to say that I've been using it regularly for about 3 weeks. What I didn't know on Sunday was that when the kids were messing around on it they loosened one of the catch pins and when I went to workout it came loose and I went crashing through. I hit my chin on a huge bolt and crashed my left pec (right above my left breast) right into the steering column. I have a huge and deep bruise on my chest and one on my chin. The chest one is quite tender, and the chin one is sort of comically noticable. I look like I have a dirty spot on my chin. I felt rather conspicuous at work last night so I had to explain so people wouldn't think I was just a messy kid who couldn't wipe off her chin.

Yesterday while I was working at Ma'am's I discovered that the other lady that I split hours with is going on vacation starting January 19th. I was okay with it initially, feeling a bit fortunate to be able to pick up some extra hours while she was gone for a couple weeks. After all, she did that for me last fall when I visited Mom. I called her to see if she wanted to pick up some hours before she left. That's when I found out that she was indeed going on vacation, but not coming back to work. Her daughter is overdue to deliver. When B comes back from vacation she's going to go from elder sitting to babysitting. She's already talked to one of Ma'am's daughters about only working on the weekends. So it looks like I could have a more permanent job. I could work M-F 8-2, except I already work at Curves on Friday AM 5-10. So I guess I'll be talking with Ma'am's family about working M-Th 8-2. I'll work a couple Saturday's at Curves, but have my Sundays off again. The more I think about it, I think it's a schedule I can live with. I guess we'll see.

Tis the season for bloody noses. Heat and hormones. Every time I blow my nose in the morning I end up with a messy bloody nose. I'm so dry. The one I had this morning left me with a nasty little headache, too. I'm startig to feel better.

Today Ann will be here with her new gentleman, Mark. They'll be here most the day and leave tomorrow with Penelope. They found a great place to live in St. Robert (near Ft. Leonard Wood). Penelope has stated several times that she doesn't want to go and I know that Asher doesn't want her to leave. It's going to be a boo-hooing time around here!

Now, I think I need a cup of coffee. Until later.

1 comment:

The Momma said...

So glad for an update!
Ouch on the bruising. Hope you heal quickly.

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    About Me

    My photo
    I am 54 years old. I have been married for 32 years to one of the most incredible men on the face of the planet. Our journey hasn't been easy, but it's been rich in love, forgiveness, joy, and adventure. I'm learning daily that God really does have a plan for my life. I want to live into whatever that means...however it unfolds. I'm an ESFP with a healthy dose of ADD...I love to help people see how very incredible they are and how much love God wants to lavish on them!