Happy and Sad
I’m such a rooter for the underdog. I was so hoping that San Diego would find some kind of football magic and run all over the Patriots. Sigh…but it was not to be. Honestly, now I hope that New England wins the Super Bowl—since that would mean they had the most perfect season. I don’t know who to root for in the evening game. I really like Bret Favre, but the Giants are the underdog.
Besides being a nice football day, I had the blessing of holding Asher while he took his nap. He had slept for about an hour up in the bed and came crying to the stairway. I scooped him up and cuddled him for a few minutes and he went right back to sleep. He slept for another hour and a half. It was blissful. I didn’t care that his 34 pound sleeping body felt like more than twice that. Just listening to his gentle breathing was precious blessing and balm to my heart.
This is going to be a tough week. I’m teaching Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday in Sandusky and doing the jail on Friday. It’ll mean a lot of traveling again and this week we’re looking at snow. Yehaw! In some respects I think I’ll be thankful for the busyness as it will keep my mind occupied so I don’t worry about my impending court hearing.
I called the attorney last week, but they never got back with me. In our original conversation he stated that he would have my initial petition before the judge 60 days from the date on the letter. My letter was dated November 26th. So, I’m figuring that my hearing will be the end of the week or the beginning of next week.
I can’t imagine feeling like this all week. Just writing about it has my stomach in a churning knot. I told my ABF that I was hoping to not think much about the whole thing. I don’t want it to be the focus of my thoughts.
Mr. R wrote a character letter. He was the owner of the factory where I worked and the current owner of the company where Nelson is working. I cried when I read it. He’s such a respected man in this community and I personally just can’t say enough good about him. Well, he returned the favor. I’m going to take it to the attorney tomorrow. That will give me a chance to ask when the hearing is scheduled for.
I spent some time online this afternoon (before Asher decided to nap one me) looking for air fares on Travelocity. If things go well with my hearing I’m going to go visit Mom. I think some massive sunshine and multiple games of Scrabble are just what I’m going to need.
We’ll see.
Nothing is wasted. My life is often messy: sometimes because of choices I've made and sometimes becuase life is just messy at times. No matter how the mess comes, one thing remains true: out of the mess comes my message.
Sunday, January 20, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Twitter Updates
About Me
- daisymarie
- I am 54 years old. I have been married for 32 years to one of the most incredible men on the face of the planet. Our journey hasn't been easy, but it's been rich in love, forgiveness, joy, and adventure. I'm learning daily that God really does have a plan for my life. I want to live into whatever that means...however it unfolds. I'm an ESFP with a healthy dose of ADD...I love to help people see how very incredible they are and how much love God wants to lavish on them!
3 comments:
Massive sunshine helps almost as much as sleeping babies... :)
My grandson is a 34 pound 24 month old also.
I forget the difference in weight when I pick up his sister and nearly launch her into the atmosphere.
Hope you get that trip to sunshine and Scrabble!
Many prayers for you.
You gotta love any kind of massive sunshite this time of year. I say go! Play Scrabble till your brains fall out. And worry about the rest of life later.
Post a Comment