This morning as I was driving to work I was thinking about how big this job is. I was overwhelmed with the tasks. I was thinking about how I enjoy the teaching and working to help people, but how I’m just not making enough employer contacts. I was starting to think that maybe I need to think about going somewhere else.
In the middle of my thinking, my phone rang. It was a guy that we had worked with in our program. He had been difficult to place. He worked for us, but that didn’t pan out and he was able to connect at a local factory based on the recommendation of a current employee there. When he said who was calling my heart sort of dropped—I was afraid that he had lost the job. That in fact was not the case. He was calling to let me know that he had referred someone to the program who felt would be a good candidate. He went on to talk about how beneficial he thought the program was, how fortunate this community was to have us, and how highly they think of us at the county jail. Then he personalized it and told me how much he appreciated what I had done for him.
I thanked him and hung up the call. Next thing I knew I was just bawling like a baby, but I was also laughing at the same time. I so desperately needed to hear that. Now was that a coincidence? I don’t think so. More like a God wink.
Later…
I finished class and headed straight to Curves to relieve Beth so that she could spend the evening with Asher. It was quite special when she brought him to show him off to the group working out. They hear about him all the time and he came in and showed off like quite the champ. He went right to one woman and let her hold him. When he walked in the club he immediately said Mema! It’s just as special at work as it is at home.
Well, I’m exhausted so I’m going to close and go lay my weary head to rest. Sweet Dreams.
Nothing is wasted. My life is often messy: sometimes because of choices I've made and sometimes becuase life is just messy at times. No matter how the mess comes, one thing remains true: out of the mess comes my message.
Wednesday, January 23, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Twitter Updates
About Me
- daisymarie
- I am 54 years old. I have been married for 32 years to one of the most incredible men on the face of the planet. Our journey hasn't been easy, but it's been rich in love, forgiveness, joy, and adventure. I'm learning daily that God really does have a plan for my life. I want to live into whatever that means...however it unfolds. I'm an ESFP with a healthy dose of ADD...I love to help people see how very incredible they are and how much love God wants to lavish on them!
3 comments:
That was SUCH a God wink!!! What a great moment for you, Daisy. He sure knows how to build us up when we feel like falling, doesn't He?
Wow. What an awesome wink.
Daisy, I ran across a new blog you have to put on your list. It's all about HOW TO WRITE. It's by the guy who does the blog "Zen Habits" and it's called "Write To Done."
http://writetodone.com/
You'll love it.
Post a Comment