Sunday, January 27, 2008

Giggles

It’s been a good Sunday. Sunday School and Worship were nice. I had yummy soup for lunch. Beth and Ron went to Mansfield to shop. Asher took a short bed nap and slept for an hour with me again. That’s starting to be my favorite Sunday pastime.

For a little bit of the day, while Asher was sleeping, Nelson was cloistered in the office trying to get HP to honor our warranty and fix our desktop computer. I came downstairs, turned off the TV, put a CD in the laptop and soaked in the sounds of silence and music. It was divine.

In those moments I was thinking about writing. I was thumbing through a book about writing and I began to wonder if I’m really supposed to write. It was all about money. I’m so not about money. I took a cut in pay to do my current job—and gave up insurance because I have a passion about what I’m doing. (And thankfully Nelson was able to get a job with insurance.) I must confess that I felt good about the devotional prompts that I’ve been writing for church—and they look really nice in the three ring notebook.

(Nelson is going to bed right now. Beth was prompting Asher on what to say to Pepa. Say, “Good night.” “Ni-nite.” Say, “I love you.” “Lub you.” Say “Hasta manana.” “Asta ya-ya.” He’s just so cute.)

One of the gifts that Nelson got Asher for his birthday his own little personal DVD player. He used it tonight. It was so fun to watch his absolute joy—and Mommio and Daddio’s too! He didn’t have to leave the room and we kept one eye on what we were watching and the other on what he was watching. Now let me tell you that the combo was quite enlightening: we were watching the Comedy Central comedian countdown and Asher was watching Baby Einstein’s Shapes.

Well, I guess I’ll post this and head to bed.

No comments:

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    About Me

    My photo
    I am 54 years old. I have been married for 32 years to one of the most incredible men on the face of the planet. Our journey hasn't been easy, but it's been rich in love, forgiveness, joy, and adventure. I'm learning daily that God really does have a plan for my life. I want to live into whatever that means...however it unfolds. I'm an ESFP with a healthy dose of ADD...I love to help people see how very incredible they are and how much love God wants to lavish on them!