Snow arrived this morning. When I crawled out of bed there was nothing. When I walked out the door there was a dusting. By the time I went to my car to leave for Norwalk (about 2 ½ hours after I woke up) there was an inch. The state route was mostly clear with just the usual blowy spots along the way. We’re only slated to get 1-2 inches today. Hopefully, no more tomorrow.
Tomorrow is Asher’s birthday. He’s such an amazing little guy. He’s so smart. His vocabulary is huge. He speaks in paragraphs—and most of the time it’s totally understandable. He’s so active. And he keeps us active. I really like that. I chased him through the house for about a half hour last night. He says the ABC’s and counts to 12 and to 20 with help. He’s learned three colors: the colors on the caps to his little bottles (green, blue, and purple). He’s always drunk out of little 6oz bottles. The people at WIC say we have to wean him off those. He’ll drink some out of a cup but is quite attached to those little bottles. He says please, thank you, and you’re welcome. Can you tell I consider him borderline genius? When Beth sees the Doctor tomorrow, she’s going to ask about having him tested.
I have class today, tomorrow, and Thursday. If everyone shows up I could have nearly two dozen people. We’ve made arrangements with the church for a larger room, in case we need it. I just never know who will show up—or how many. I worked on class prep this morning so I shouldn’t have much to do tomorrow or Thursday before I leave. To get to Sandusky and be ready to start class at 8:00 I’ll have to leave home around 6:45AM.
Trust is a hard thing. I’m sitting here in the Job Store between seeing participants. I just called the attorney, again. That makes the third call. You’d think with all that retainer, I might get a courtesy call from his office administrator to tell me about the status of my case. I am on the verge of tears.
I just got off the phone with an annoying man in the program. He expects me to find him a job, but all my interchanges with him he has been rude, loud, arrogant, and totally unaware how he is perceived by others. He’s going to attend my class on Thursday to make up for time missed. When I confronted his lack of attendance he said that he had been laying in the bed sick with a cold. I told him that excuse was wearing thin. I started to tell him several things and he kept interrupting. I told him to let me know when I would be allowed to speak. He said he’d listen. That’s when I told him to come to class on Wednesday. He’s had have the lessons of that day, but he needs to hear them again. He’s one of the few people that I can honestly say I don’t enjoy working with.
I’m about to pack it up here and drive over to Sandusky. The snow has stopped so the trip should be no problem.
Later…Smooth travels to Sandusky. And teaching was good. I had 16 in class. They interacted well. I was in high gear. Some of them actually “got it.”
I’m home now. I was greeted at the door by an excited Asher. His “Mema’s home!” is the bestest sound in the world, maybe even in the universe! I’m going to be heading out to Curves to workout, clean, and attend the weekly staff meeting. I could easily break down and drink a pot of coffee, but I’ve been so good about my green tea this past week. I’m actually starting to like it.
Well, I’m off for now.
Nothing is wasted. My life is often messy: sometimes because of choices I've made and sometimes becuase life is just messy at times. No matter how the mess comes, one thing remains true: out of the mess comes my message.
Tuesday, January 22, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Twitter Updates
About Me
- daisymarie
- I am 54 years old. I have been married for 32 years to one of the most incredible men on the face of the planet. Our journey hasn't been easy, but it's been rich in love, forgiveness, joy, and adventure. I'm learning daily that God really does have a plan for my life. I want to live into whatever that means...however it unfolds. I'm an ESFP with a healthy dose of ADD...I love to help people see how very incredible they are and how much love God wants to lavish on them!
2 comments:
((hugs)) ...
goood to catch up on your life ...
blessings on this blog!
Daisy, if you get tired of green tea, try some chai. Make it like regular tea and then add splenda or sugar and a hit of milk. I know...sounds gross...but you'll really love it.
Or, go to Starbucks and try their Chai Tea Latte. Tell em HeyJules sent ya. :-)
Post a Comment