Oh, what a beautiful morning. Oh, what a beautiful day.
This morning I slept in, until 6:30. Then I got up and went to work out with Beth. We (she)grabbed breakfast at BK and then we headed over to the library where the Friends of the Library were having their semi-annual book sale. We waited in line to get in and then we waded to through the see of people. I primarily looked for kids books for Asher, but also got a few “work” books and tapes. I spent $13.25 and came hoe with four full shopping bags of books.
We came home and had lunch. And then we headed back to the sale. The second time I got less and it weighed more because I bought books for me. I’ll write the list down and post it later. Second time around I spend $5.75.
We came home and showed off all our purchases. Then Ron went to work. Then Nelson and Asher went grocery shopping locally. Then Beth went to Mansfield to shop. And I am sitting here at home with two stacks of books humming my name, a wonderfully fragrant candle burning nearby, the sun shining in the window, and total silence in my house. It is a slice of pure heaven.
This makes up for the past couple days. Friday I had to register. Shame day as I like to call it. This year it was so bad that I actually sick to my stomach. The new paperwork requires that I report all email addresses that I have and where I park my car. I was informed of my new report date and that it will now be every 90 days. The captain who is in charge of my registering is a very kind man (with me) and he expressed how wrong he thinks this is and told me he hopes that I win my case--but be back on May 23.
I’m going to forget about that for now and just soak in my surroundings. I hope you can, too.
Here’s the books and stuff I got:
For me:
Nouwen and Then, Reflections on Henri Nouwen
You’re Only Old Once! Dr. Suess
Odd Thomas Dean Koontz (I’ve heard good things about this author so I bought a few of his books.)
Fear Nothing Dean Koontz
The Wishing Jar Penelope J. Stokes
Girl with a Peal Earring
Writing Articles About the World Around You Yudkin
Saints and Strangers (about the Pilgrims)
Word Painting McClanahan
Velocity Koontz
No Excuse! Rifenbary
Folktales as Therapy Verena Kast
Within Our Reach
Dave Barry Turns 50 (I got this for Nelson since he turns 50 this year)
Silent Night (biography of Sue Thomas)
Stephen King On Writing
The Cry For Myth Rollo May
SeinLanguage Jerry Seinfeld (because my boss is an absolute Seinfeld officianado)
The Grass is Always Greener Over the Septic Tank Bombeck
A 2 video set: Hiring and Firing Things You Need to Know
Audio book: Standing for Something
For Asher:
C Is for Clown Stan and Jan Berenstain
All By Myself Mercer Mayer
Hide and Seek with Grover
The Berenstain Bears and the Big Road Race (the first book he wanted to read when we got home today)
Nothing To Do (Big Bird)
Best Friends (Big Bird and Snuffleupagus)
No Red Monsters Allowed (Elmo)
Scared of the Dark (Ernie)
Alexander, Who Used to Be Rich Last Sunday (to go along with Alexander’s Terrible Awful No Good Day)
What Kind of Kiss
Bat Child’s Haunted House Mercer Mayer
I Hate to Read Rita Marshall (the pictures in this are amazing)
A Hippopotamusn’t
Whiskers and Rhymes Arnold Lobel
Black and White Rabbit’s ABC
2 HUGE Elmo coloring books that haven’t been colored in at all.
I think I did very well! “)
Nothing is wasted. My life is often messy: sometimes because of choices I've made and sometimes becuase life is just messy at times. No matter how the mess comes, one thing remains true: out of the mess comes my message.
Saturday, March 29, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Twitter Updates
About Me
- daisymarie
- I am 54 years old. I have been married for 32 years to one of the most incredible men on the face of the planet. Our journey hasn't been easy, but it's been rich in love, forgiveness, joy, and adventure. I'm learning daily that God really does have a plan for my life. I want to live into whatever that means...however it unfolds. I'm an ESFP with a healthy dose of ADD...I love to help people see how very incredible they are and how much love God wants to lavish on them!
4 comments:
Who could remember every email address they ever had??!! Yikes!
Glad you got such a haul of books... :) You done good!
You most certainly did well!
I love books & am envious!!
You hang in there, Daisy. I'm still praying for you!
I love the stephen king writing book.
Post a Comment