went to bed early last night. I slept like a rock. That didn't surprise me too much since every muscle in my body ached and I was totally exhausted.
I was up at 6am. I was working on updating my resume. It's getting better. If anyone is interested in proofing it and giving me a critique leave me a private message with your email. I really open to getting the best resume possible.
It's been a quiet day for the most part. I was either playing with Asher or surfing the net for jobs. Then this evening I took Nelson to get a haircut and got mine trimmed. Afterwards we had dinner at the Chinese Buffet just down from Great Clips.
Yesterday I had a couple teary moments. One came at work when the gal I was working the line with told me that she thought that I needed to be doing something so much more than studding parts. Then one of my favorite writers posted a response to my job loss. It was so meaningful to me. I read it to Nelson and he was touched by it, too.
I am really feeling lost. I'm 51 and I have never been let go from a job. I don't know how to do this. I'm not worried. I know I'll be called to work in the factory--I just don't know how long my body can take that physical punishment. I guess I just want...need some direction. I know there's a plan for me, which includes hope and a future (Jer. 29:11), I just wish I could peek and see what it is.
Well, I think I'll turn this silly thing off and go to bed. Sweet dreams
Nothing is wasted. My life is often messy: sometimes because of choices I've made and sometimes becuase life is just messy at times. No matter how the mess comes, one thing remains true: out of the mess comes my message.
Saturday, June 21, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Twitter Updates
About Me
- daisymarie
- I am 54 years old. I have been married for 32 years to one of the most incredible men on the face of the planet. Our journey hasn't been easy, but it's been rich in love, forgiveness, joy, and adventure. I'm learning daily that God really does have a plan for my life. I want to live into whatever that means...however it unfolds. I'm an ESFP with a healthy dose of ADD...I love to help people see how very incredible they are and how much love God wants to lavish on them!
1 comment:
Hi daisymarie,
It's been a little bit since I came to read...I'm so sorry to hear about your job.
I hate that there are unanswered questions, and I hate when people treat you like suddenly you've morphed from their valuable employee to someone they don't even trust on their property. Ick.
I will be praying for you...that you will find meaningful work, that God will make His presence known, that you will find peace and comfort, even in the midst of the chaos and pain.
Sending you a huge virtual (((((hug)))))!
daisy
Post a Comment