No physical labor…or least much less, today.
So I started the day sort of lazily, playing with Asher and searching for things online. I want to get some knowledge of Excel (beyond the very most basic), Power Point, Desktop Publishing, and Adobe/Acrobat. I just searched for free tutorials.
Later I walked the couple blocks to the library and looked for “Dummy” books on what I was interested. They had them but they were for antiquated systems. Sigh. I’ll keep looking. I did get a DVD on Hawaii and a book on how to start your own business.
Yesterday evening the church had a picnic for to say thanks to the many volunteers at the church. I went since I write the daily devotion, lead worship, sing in the choir, and occasionally teach. It was a nice meal—lots of green salad!!! I also connected with a woman who was at the ordination last week. That was the first time I had met her. Come to find out she knew Nelson and had been with him on the Chicago Mission Trip last June (07). Anyway, she and Pam (my friend who was ordained) are starting a retreat ministry and are needing some grants written. (Insert hugest of smiles!)
I didn’t go to the writing seminar on Saturday (Christian Writer’s Assoc) in Dayton because I thought I found that there was one in Cleveland next week. Turns out I was looking at an old schedule. So, I won’t be attending a writer’s seminar for a while.
In a little while I’m going to my favorite coffee shop and writing. I want to get next week’s devotionals done and do some research for some other things.
Until later!
Nothing is wasted. My life is often messy: sometimes because of choices I've made and sometimes becuase life is just messy at times. No matter how the mess comes, one thing remains true: out of the mess comes my message.
Monday, August 4, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Twitter Updates
About Me
- daisymarie
- I am 54 years old. I have been married for 32 years to one of the most incredible men on the face of the planet. Our journey hasn't been easy, but it's been rich in love, forgiveness, joy, and adventure. I'm learning daily that God really does have a plan for my life. I want to live into whatever that means...however it unfolds. I'm an ESFP with a healthy dose of ADD...I love to help people see how very incredible they are and how much love God wants to lavish on them!
3 comments:
Mmm, green salad is one of my favorite things!!
Enjoy your writing time!
Bummer about the writer's seminar. I really was looking forward to hearing how it went!
sounds like a peaceful day ...
hope your week is going well!
blessings on ya!
Post a Comment