Saturday, August 30, 2008

Vroom!

(Stands up and waves white flag) I surrender. I give up. My brain is fried. I’m just sitting here staring at the screen hoping that something will work. I have followed every link. I have entered every password. I can’t figure out why I can’t get email from my website.

I got my computer working with Windows Live Mail. I guess it is the new Outlook. It works with my hotmail address, but nothing is going out from the business. Nelson just gave me one of his subtle “I told you so” looks and lectures. Here’s how he did it: You need professional help. I’m not sure but he may have meant for more than just the computer.

In just a little while we’ll be loading up the car to go to Mansfield. We, that would be Nelson, Beth, Asher and I. We will meet up with Ann and Nel and Caden. Nelson got tickets for the Sears AutoCenter 250, Hooters Pro Cup Championship Series Race in Mansfield. This is a NASCAR affiliated race. The race isn’t scheduled to start until 7:00 but we’re supposed to meet Ann at 5:00, but Nelson doesn’t think she’ll be there before 6:00. This already is not sounding fun to me. I think I’ll take a baggie of cotton balls to stuff in everyone’s ears.

Nel and Caden are going to spend a couple days with us since Annie has to work extra and can’t get a sitter. She has an interview coming up for a FT job right in Van Wert. She’s been having to travel from Van Wert to the other side of Ft. Wayne and only gets .28 a mile. She’s only been doing it to make the managers happy in hopes of promotion. They just seem to be more than willing to take advantage of her without making it worth her while.

I have another interview this week, just in case the trainer position doesn’t happen. This is for a manager’s position at a local store called The Shoe Dept. We’ve bought shoes there and it seems like a nice place. I’ve not done much retail, but I can wing the customer service and can learn the rest. We’ll see what we see.

Nelson had a rough blow this week. His new back to work date is 11/8. He has a two day rehab evaluation on 9/30 and 10/1 and then another appointment with the doctor the week before the eval. He’s bored to tears. It’s just not good.

Well I better go find the cotton balls. TTFN. Vroom!

No comments:

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    About Me

    My photo
    I am 54 years old. I have been married for 32 years to one of the most incredible men on the face of the planet. Our journey hasn't been easy, but it's been rich in love, forgiveness, joy, and adventure. I'm learning daily that God really does have a plan for my life. I want to live into whatever that means...however it unfolds. I'm an ESFP with a healthy dose of ADD...I love to help people see how very incredible they are and how much love God wants to lavish on them!