Friday, January 23, 2009

Bottom Line

Well, we're back from pizza, cake, and presents. We all had blue tongues and lips from the decorated cake. Asher of course was the bluest of all. It was a Nascar and Disney Cars birthday party. He couldn't have been happier!

Nelson talked to the guy at the shop and he gave him 3 options: $2000 for a used transmission with a 90 day warrenty; $2500 for a used trasmission with a 1yr warrenty; or a new transmission with a 100k mile warrenty for $4000. Yeah right.

Nelson is upstairs on ebay trying to find a used transmission and I've put out a plea for someone who could maybe help him put it in. I'm trying not to stress, but I just don't know how we're going to do this.

4 comments:

daisy said...

Ai, yi yi. Cars. I hate 'em!

Praying that something works out for you guys.

Judy said...

Praying.

We're down to just one car. It's a pain, but then we only have one to pay for.

I AM praying, but crying too. Sometimes life just feels like it's 'too much'.

Judy said...

I hope it's okay that I leave this here.

The place I donate plasma is Biolife. Just goggle that and it will bring you to a website. I clicked on your state and there were four places - not sure which one if any would be near you.

It took a while to get all of the prep work done, but I did my first donation on Thursday. That got me $20 put on a debit card. Today was my second time and I had $30 added to the debit card.

You're allowed to donate twice a week, so if I qualify each time (they check temp, bp and pulse) I have the potential to get $200 a month.

Hopefully my husband will be able to start donating this week also.

Check it out. We were recommended to it by our mortage guy. He said he was sending everyone he knew there.

I'm not a fan of needles and cringe at the sight of blood, but nothing hurts at all and the actual plasma looks sort of like apple cidar.

The Momma said...

Oh man. I just got over here to catch up and I'm sorry to read about all the car problems. :( Like the others, I'll be praying that something works out very soon for you.

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    About Me

    My photo
    I am 54 years old. I have been married for 32 years to one of the most incredible men on the face of the planet. Our journey hasn't been easy, but it's been rich in love, forgiveness, joy, and adventure. I'm learning daily that God really does have a plan for my life. I want to live into whatever that means...however it unfolds. I'm an ESFP with a healthy dose of ADD...I love to help people see how very incredible they are and how much love God wants to lavish on them!