Monday, May 26, 2008

Early Holiday Notes

Well, we survived the House of Mouse--even have the pics and prizes to prove it. What a crazy time--and we loved every minute of it!!! Nelson had a blast. But after a couple hours we had to pack it in because Nelson’s ankle started hurting.

This morning we hiked the four blocks to Main Street for the parade. We had to have Uncle Ron make an emergency potty run for Penelope. Sometimes being a big girl has its drawbacks. This was the first parade I’ve been to in a dozen years where they didn’t throw candy. We even went prepared with a bag for the anticipated booty. I think the next surprising thing to me was how people didn’t stand when the Color Guard processed by. We made the kids stand up and told them why.

When we got home Nelson and I set the bouncer back up. I’m glad it’s so easy. The kids love it, too. They’ve been at it for a couple hours now. Nelson is out back firing up the grill. If the rain holds off we’ll be enjoying some dogs and burgers along with yummy potato salad.

Hope your day is filled with family, love, and good memories.

1 comment:

The Momma said...

Sounds like a super wonderful day!! Hope the rain holds off in your neck of the woods!!!

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    About Me

    My photo
    I am 54 years old. I have been married for 32 years to one of the most incredible men on the face of the planet. Our journey hasn't been easy, but it's been rich in love, forgiveness, joy, and adventure. I'm learning daily that God really does have a plan for my life. I want to live into whatever that means...however it unfolds. I'm an ESFP with a healthy dose of ADD...I love to help people see how very incredible they are and how much love God wants to lavish on them!