I'm at Annie's. I really love the magic of wireless!!! I'm writing this on the laptop while Pnel is playing games on the desktop on pbskids.com. Caden is just about to fall asleep and Asher is having lots of fun with Caden's toys.
I guess that answers the question of how and who. I came over with Asher. He slept all the way.
I forgot to mention (silly, minimizing me) that I got an email from North Carolina last night. The hiring person wanted to know if I could leave Ohio and if I would email her my resume as an attachment since she wasn't able to open the one on Career Builder. I can do both those things.
North Carolina. I just don't know. Honestly, I didn't really think I'd hear back from them. I didn’t think I’d have to think about it. I used to have a philosophy that I would always check out any open door or opportunity. That meant I did some interviews that I knew almost instantly that I wasn’t’ going to take the job, but I used the meeting as a sort of interviewing practice.
I did a goodsearch.com of real estate in Lexington, North Carolina. It’s hard to know what I’m looking at since a house could look good, but in the worst location. When I moved to KC with the girls (Nelson was still in Ohio building a house) in 87 to go to seminary I rented a house I had never seen. It was cute and met our needs, but it was in a dangerous part of town. Thankfully it was a duplex with another seminary couple upstairs so we felt safe. I was young and daring then. I’m not sure I could or would do that again.
Well, Caden has taken a nap. I’ve watched a bunch of kid movies. I reworked Annie’s resume. The job she has right now is only part-time so she’s still hunting full-time work. Her resume needed TLC and lots of it.
I’m getting tired but I’m going to be driving home after Annie gets home at 9:15. Wish I had more # in my phone so I could call and talk and stay awake. On the way over I talked to my sis for half the trip. Her life is looking better. That was really nice to hear.
Catch ya later!!!
Happy Mother’s Day to all those Moms and women who love like Moms. Blessings on you all!
Nothing is wasted. My life is often messy: sometimes because of choices I've made and sometimes becuase life is just messy at times. No matter how the mess comes, one thing remains true: out of the mess comes my message.
Saturday, May 10, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Twitter Updates
About Me
- daisymarie
- I am 54 years old. I have been married for 32 years to one of the most incredible men on the face of the planet. Our journey hasn't been easy, but it's been rich in love, forgiveness, joy, and adventure. I'm learning daily that God really does have a plan for my life. I want to live into whatever that means...however it unfolds. I'm an ESFP with a healthy dose of ADD...I love to help people see how very incredible they are and how much love God wants to lavish on them!
Blog Archive
-
▼
2008
(148)
-
▼
May
(17)
- No Rest Here
- Running
- Finding Voice
- Sicky Report
- Sick
- Early Holiday Notes
- Birthday for the King!
- Put me in coach
- What I Do Best:
- Saturday Summary
- To Be Honest
- If you are an employer, business owner, or hiring ...
- Philosophical Ramblings
- Who is She?
- Second on Saturday
- Quick Update
- Sweeites on Saturday
-
▼
May
(17)
1 comment:
Wow... lots of interesting developments. I look forward to hearing how things play out...
Post a Comment