Was today supposed to be about relaxing? I missed that memo.
This morning I borrowed my boss’ mower (he lives across the street). I mowed the front and I plowed the back 40. Sheesh! I wasn’t all that pleased with how it looked so in the afternoon I went out and remowed the back. Looks good now. Ron ran the weedeater around and really touched it off!
I did three loads of laundry. To be able to do that I had to take Beth’s out of the dryer. I folded hers and Asher’s and then ironed her work shirt and pants to surprise her.
Nelson worked a full day today. He was on 10 hour days all last week and will be again next week. It’s not been easy, but I’m accepting it as an extra blessing right before his surgery.
Tonight Nelson and I went for dinner at Tumbleweed’s. Yum. I had been watching several barbque shows on the Food Network and just had a terrible hankering for ribs. We were surprised and pleased when we did a goodsearch on line to find a Tumbleweed in the town where I go do a class in the jail (about 20mi away). The drive over took us through Amish country and was just good for the soul! It was just nice to spend some with my sweetie.
I had a really good conversation with Annie today. I felt like she heard me. I can’t hardly describe how good that felt.
Tomorrow I am going to start another round with Nutrisystem. I know it works. I did it a couple years ago, but stopped when I needed a break after a couple months. I'm looking at this as a jump start. In two weeks Nelson said I could buy the other piece of exercise equipment that I want. I'm pretty excited about it!!!!
Nothing is wasted. My life is often messy: sometimes because of choices I've made and sometimes becuase life is just messy at times. No matter how the mess comes, one thing remains true: out of the mess comes my message.
Saturday, May 31, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Twitter Updates
About Me
- daisymarie
- I am 54 years old. I have been married for 32 years to one of the most incredible men on the face of the planet. Our journey hasn't been easy, but it's been rich in love, forgiveness, joy, and adventure. I'm learning daily that God really does have a plan for my life. I want to live into whatever that means...however it unfolds. I'm an ESFP with a healthy dose of ADD...I love to help people see how very incredible they are and how much love God wants to lavish on them!
Blog Archive
-
▼
2008
(148)
-
▼
May
(17)
- No Rest Here
- Running
- Finding Voice
- Sicky Report
- Sick
- Early Holiday Notes
- Birthday for the King!
- Put me in coach
- What I Do Best:
- Saturday Summary
- To Be Honest
- If you are an employer, business owner, or hiring ...
- Philosophical Ramblings
- Who is She?
- Second on Saturday
- Quick Update
- Sweeites on Saturday
-
▼
May
(17)
1 comment:
sounds like you aren't a sickie anymore ... i got tired just reading about all your work!!!
hope you get some R&R tomorrow!
Post a Comment