Monday, May 12, 2008

Who is She?

BP 160/90
Pulse 88
Wt 224
Ht just under 5’6”

Who is this woman? My BP has never been that high. My weight has increased 40 pounds since last year this time. And I remember when I was told that I was just a hair under 5’7”.

I have a script for an anti-fungal ointment to address the increasingly nasty and horribly itchy patches on my legs. She doesn’t like the look of some of my moles and freckles. Me either, but I’ve had them all my life. I’m to have a boatload of blood taken to check my liver, to check my cholesterol, to check my thyroid, and to see what else the leg thing could be. I have to have it done by 5/27 and I have to fast for 12 hours beforehand.

I like the doctor. She was very approachable and I felt an immediate trust level with her. I get to see her again in two weeks.

Oh, and she says I should check to see if my insurance covers a colonoscopy. At my age I need to get that done so I don’t have to have another for 10 more years.

I think I’ll just drown myself in a bowl of lettuce.

2 comments:

HeyJules said...

Oh, the joys of getting older, eh? Get the BP under control, girl. You don't want to know what comes next.

Hope said...

This doesn't sound like fun. I'm glad you have a good doctor though. The BP might come down with attention to sodium intake. It's amazing what's full of salt.

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    About Me

    My photo
    I am 54 years old. I have been married for 32 years to one of the most incredible men on the face of the planet. Our journey hasn't been easy, but it's been rich in love, forgiveness, joy, and adventure. I'm learning daily that God really does have a plan for my life. I want to live into whatever that means...however it unfolds. I'm an ESFP with a healthy dose of ADD...I love to help people see how very incredible they are and how much love God wants to lavish on them!