It’s been a good day.
For me.
Nelson sold the truck on eBay and tried to meet the guy who bought it half way. Truck wouldn’t go. Now he has to replace the alternator, but it’s not cooperating. On top of that, he decided he’s probably coming down with pneumonia, which could have direct implications on his ability to have the surgery on Thursday.
I got a little irritated with him. He said that he would go to the ER if he didn’t feel any better tomorrow. I asked why not go today? He gave me a long song about how we don’t have the money for that. I know, though, that if it had been me he would have insisted that I go. I told him that it frustrated me. He just laughed and played down his symptoms.
I’ve been watching dance shows all day. I’m just in love with dance.
I watched (caught up with) Step It Up and Dance and the whole 2007 season of So You Think You Can Dance. I think I’ve figured out why I love those shows so much. Besides just loving the whole freedom of movement, I love that these people are really going after their dream. That’s what I like about all the “Top” shows (cooking, designing, hair cutting, and singing).
In addition to watching the dance shows I wrote another week’s worth of devotions. It was fun to do the research. I had my books all open on the desk and the computer open to several sites. I was able to get them written, posted, and sent to the church. I didn’t want to wait til later in the week, what with Nelson’s surgery and all. I took Thursday and Friday off; first to be there for Nelson’s surgery and get him home (since it’s out-patient) and then so I wouldn’t worry about him on Friday.
Tomorrow I get to teach the ABF. We’re using Brian McLaren’s book “The Secret Message of Jesus.” There are only two Sunday’s left in the quarter. There are lots of chapters we didn’t get to. I picked two: The Language of the Kingdom and The Border of the Kingdom. The first chapter deals with the metaphors the Bible uses to describe the kingdom. I love metaphors!!!! The second chapter addresses the inclusivity and exclusivity of the kingdom--from Jesus perspective.
Yesterday before the end of the day I had a chance to my supervisor about all my concerns that came out of my conversation on Thursday with the Pres. I was surprised about how calmly I was able to convey all my thoughts and that he was listening.
I’m tired now and would really love to go to bed, but Beth is working late tonight. I bet I’ll sleep good tonight…as long as Nelson does.
Nothing is wasted. My life is often messy: sometimes because of choices I've made and sometimes becuase life is just messy at times. No matter how the mess comes, one thing remains true: out of the mess comes my message.
Saturday, May 17, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Twitter Updates
About Me
- daisymarie
- I am 54 years old. I have been married for 32 years to one of the most incredible men on the face of the planet. Our journey hasn't been easy, but it's been rich in love, forgiveness, joy, and adventure. I'm learning daily that God really does have a plan for my life. I want to live into whatever that means...however it unfolds. I'm an ESFP with a healthy dose of ADD...I love to help people see how very incredible they are and how much love God wants to lavish on them!
Blog Archive
-
▼
2008
(148)
-
▼
May
(17)
- No Rest Here
- Running
- Finding Voice
- Sicky Report
- Sick
- Early Holiday Notes
- Birthday for the King!
- Put me in coach
- What I Do Best:
- Saturday Summary
- To Be Honest
- If you are an employer, business owner, or hiring ...
- Philosophical Ramblings
- Who is She?
- Second on Saturday
- Quick Update
- Sweeites on Saturday
-
▼
May
(17)
1 comment:
hopefully nelson is feeling better! and that the truck decided to behave and go to it's new home!!!!
blessings on you!
Post a Comment