I think I forgot everything. I forgot the charger for my phone. I forgot all my vitamins and my perscription of the pill (used for regulation not “birth control”). I forgot my workout shoes.
I just talked to Beth. She made me aware that I forgot the charger. She also told me that Asher wanted to sit in his high chair (it’s way past dinner) and he fell asleep. She took pictures.
A weird thing has developed. It may not seem weird to many of you. The other day I ran through the drive through at Burger King. They only have Coke products. I am a Pepsi girl. Always have been. Nothing sounded good to drink, but I was REALLY thirsty so I got a Diet Coke. And I liked it. I just bought another one here at the Phoenix airport. I was a little apprehensive. I find that there’s a difference between fountain and bottled/canned product. The bottled Diet Coke tasted just as good. Now don’t fret. I don’t think I’m ready to buy stock yet.
Well, my flight from Phoenix is estimated to have a 20 minute delayed departure and with this delay Mom and George shouldn’t have any trouble at all picking me up. That’s a good thing--for me anyway. This is just a quick puddle hopper: straight up and straight down and then a 20 minute drive to mom’s.
On the flight between Columbus and Phoenix I bought the headphones so that I could watch the inflight movie. The movie was “Martian Child.” I loved it. I laughed and I cried. And then I thought. And then I cried even more. It’s been a long time since I wished I was dead, but I struggled with those thoughts this week--it all has to do with the change of status and all that will mean “for the rest of my life.” I thought about writing a letter to the ethics professor of the counseling program at the seminary requesting another opportunity to talk to the “students” who think something like this could never happen to them. Sorry--that was some of what made things rough this week, not just the weather.
I’ve been struggling with the whole ordeal still hanging over my head. My heart is heavy, too. I did some reading and I’m just not feeling like the ruling will be in our favor. I don’t know what the Plan is or why, but it just feels messier and way more broken down the road for me. I guess I might know some more when I get home. Two guys that I’m aware of, who filed their own paperwork rather than going through and attorney, have hearings around the 27th. They’re in a different county so that judge can rule however s/he choses, but the tone may be set.
Plane just arrived and will be in the gate momentarily. Guess I better close this down. Until next time, which I realized may have to be Tuesday since the library will be closed tomorrow. Whenever…till then.
Nothing is wasted. My life is often messy: sometimes because of choices I've made and sometimes becuase life is just messy at times. No matter how the mess comes, one thing remains true: out of the mess comes my message.
Saturday, February 16, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Twitter Updates
About Me
- daisymarie
- I am 54 years old. I have been married for 32 years to one of the most incredible men on the face of the planet. Our journey hasn't been easy, but it's been rich in love, forgiveness, joy, and adventure. I'm learning daily that God really does have a plan for my life. I want to live into whatever that means...however it unfolds. I'm an ESFP with a healthy dose of ADD...I love to help people see how very incredible they are and how much love God wants to lavish on them!
Blog Archive
-
▼
2008
(148)
-
▼
February
(17)
- Life is full of Challenges
- Procrastinating
- Home Sweetness
- Houston and Home
- Thursday and Friday
- Update on Mom
- Pneumonia
- Thinking on Tuesday
- More on Monday
- Day One Scrabble Report
- From Sun City
- I can see the jet plane
- Heading toward the sunshine!
- Review
- Mema and Asher
- Superbowl Sunday
- February's First Friday
-
▼
February
(17)
1 comment:
Mmmmm, diet coke is my FAV!!! :)
Hope you have a great time in AZ!
Post a Comment