Saturday, February 16, 2008

Heading toward the sunshine!

I’m leavin’ on a jet plane.
I kept singing that at work yesterday. It’s what got me through the day. Thursday night I developed fluish symptoms and was totally miserable. I didn’t feel much better on Friday morning when I woke up. I wanted to call in sick, but knew I had a class to teach at the jail (which no one could pick up last minute) and that I was scheduled to work both Friday night and Saturday at Curves. As it turned out the amazing assistant manager was able to get someone else to cover the shift today. I was so happy I scrubbed the boards for her--a typically unenjoyed Saturday chore.

It was an interesting week at work.
Tuesday: I had to face down my fear and drive into a weather warning (there was no storm--yet, just the potential for horrible weather). I ended up making the trip to and from just fine, but I was a nervous wreck in the process. It made me really think about what fear is all about. I decided it’s an overwhelming sense of my limitations.

Wednesday: I did better homework to get beyond my fear. It worked. I was able to more confidently get to my destination and then make several good connections. I did a little retail therapy at Goodwill over lunch.

Thursday: My sis was supposed to come and help me teach the class but she and the boys got sick and her medication for her agoraphobia wasn’t working so I taught by myself. It well. One of the guys (who had not been in group with me) sought me out later to tell me how much he enjoyed the class.

Friday: I still didn’t feel all that great and would have called in, but I could move therefore I must work. I made it through the day fine just queasy. I spent the afternoon getting files and stuff ready for Bob who will be covering for me out in the counties next week.

Today: I woke up at 3:15. My mind was filled with stuff I still needed to get with our office assistant on and so I got up and began typing memos and letters. Nelson just left for work. He may or may not be back before I leave for Columbus. I was thinking about leaving early to stop at Talbots since that gift card is just itching in my wallet! “)

I leave Columbus today around 5:30. When I get to Tucson, my mom may be there or I may have to get a courtesy van to drive me to Green Valley. I’m a little nervous about that, but will cross that bridge if I have to come to it. Honestly, I hope I don’t.

I’m going to take the computer with me. It would be way cool if I could scab internet while I’m there, but if not I’ll just hit the library on a regular basis.

They’ve changed the forecast for Tucson a couple times since I got my ticket. Yesterday the week looked sweet with temps in the mid to upper 70s. Now it looks like they’re calling for only upper 60’s much of the week. Guess I can live with that…I just don’t know what to plan for clothes-wise. I’ll just take a mix and hope for the best.

Well, I’m going to try and catch a few winks before I’m scheduled to go workout at Curves this morning. TTFN

2 comments:

Erin said...

Have a fantastic trip!!

Judy said...

Relax and have fun!

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    About Me

    My photo
    I am 54 years old. I have been married for 32 years to one of the most incredible men on the face of the planet. Our journey hasn't been easy, but it's been rich in love, forgiveness, joy, and adventure. I'm learning daily that God really does have a plan for my life. I want to live into whatever that means...however it unfolds. I'm an ESFP with a healthy dose of ADD...I love to help people see how very incredible they are and how much love God wants to lavish on them!