Sunday evening.
The Superbowl is right around the corner. I’m excited. Nelson has been glued to the TV today already. There has been an all day Starship Enterprise marathon on . It’s his favorite of the Star Trek series. A little bit ago he said that he was planning to change over when the game comes on, but I’m thinking we might just need an intervention.
We’re all in the living room watching the game. We had subs for supper. One of the classes at church held a benefit for a little girl and her family. She’s had and is facing more surgery. The subs were good. There was also a silent auction and we bid and won some cute stuff: hats and scarves for the grandsweeties.
Nelson and I have been a part of a fantasy racing league on Yahoo for the last few years. We set up a private league and are looking for NASCAR fans to join the fun. Leave me a note and I’ll get the info to you. The season starts on the 17th. Yay!
Today I bought my ticket to go visit my mom. I’ll be leaving on the 16th and returning on the 24th of this month. My mom is going to be in Houston on the 15th because my brother is coming home. He’s been in Bagdad since November 06. I offered to come later, but she thought it would be pretty sweet to see two of her kids on one weekend. She was nearly giddy with anticipation.
I’m really looking forward to going. I had considered a lot of different dates. I was trying to get the best dates for the best time while trying to avoid being away on my anniversary, which is the 17th. Nelson told me not to worry about it. We can “celebrate” on the phone on the 17th and then doing something special another time. I guess we’ve gotten to the place that it’s not as much about a specific date as a recognition of the specialness of our relationship—which we celebrate all the time.
It’s hard to get snacks during the Superbowl. We are enjoying the game—but the commercials have been a hoot! There have been sooooo many I want to use for work (the ones about jobs and giving all). My favorite one for work has been the Clorox stain pen where the guy is interviewing, but the interviewer can’t hear anything because the stain is talking. There was another one by Career Builder about not liking their job.
Well, I guess that’s enough for now. Don’t forget to let me know if you’re interested in the NASCAR group. Toodles.
Nothing is wasted. My life is often messy: sometimes because of choices I've made and sometimes becuase life is just messy at times. No matter how the mess comes, one thing remains true: out of the mess comes my message.
Sunday, February 3, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Twitter Updates
About Me
- daisymarie
- I am 54 years old. I have been married for 32 years to one of the most incredible men on the face of the planet. Our journey hasn't been easy, but it's been rich in love, forgiveness, joy, and adventure. I'm learning daily that God really does have a plan for my life. I want to live into whatever that means...however it unfolds. I'm an ESFP with a healthy dose of ADD...I love to help people see how very incredible they are and how much love God wants to lavish on them!
Blog Archive
-
▼
2008
(148)
-
▼
February
(17)
- Life is full of Challenges
- Procrastinating
- Home Sweetness
- Houston and Home
- Thursday and Friday
- Update on Mom
- Pneumonia
- Thinking on Tuesday
- More on Monday
- Day One Scrabble Report
- From Sun City
- I can see the jet plane
- Heading toward the sunshine!
- Review
- Mema and Asher
- Superbowl Sunday
- February's First Friday
-
▼
February
(17)
1 comment:
Tell me more about the Fantasy NASCAR thing. My hubs & I are both fans, but we've never joined a Fantasy Football league or Nascar one before. What do we do?
Post a Comment