Monday, February 25, 2008

Home Sweetness

It was the most amazing and precious sound. As I was coming home I got a call from Beth. We decided to meet at Denny’s for dinner: Nelson, Beth, Asher, and Mema. I arrived first. I took Asher’s Road Runner in with me. I sat and waited about five minutes--it seemed like thirty.

I saw them pull up. I saw the door open. Then I heard it…him: Mema! Asher came bounding into the restaurant in full voice announcing my presence and his desire to see me. I met him half way and he came running arms outstretched. It was so cool. I got all teary. He was talking up a blue streak while we walked to the table.

When we got him all situated I reached over to give Nelson a smooch. While we waited for our food Nelson gave me my anniversary gifts--that he brought with him. First was the newly released Amy Grant CD. Nice. Then there were three certificates for free books. Ooh, I like that. Can’t ever go wrong with books. Finally, at the restaurant, he handed me a JBR bag. That’s J.B. Robinson’s jewelers for those of you unawares. Now, even though the box was not velvet, it was quite amazing. He bought me a heart pendant that has a real diamond on it. The chain is beautiful, with a sliding clasp that makes it so that it can go from 18-26”. Then when we got home I found that Nelson had excavated the office. It was unbelievable. There’s actually a floor in there and the desk is fully functional. I about fell over.

With all that excitement, I went to bed early.

Today I’m back at work. I work tonight, too. To say that I have mixed emotions is a huge understatement. Tomorrow there’s supposed to be a snow/wintry mix storm. Yehaw. Welcome back to Ohio.

3 comments:

HeyJules said...

How wonderful! Seeing the floor is always a good thing but a diamond studded necklace...now that a girl can flaunt!

The Momma said...

What a beautiful homecoming between you & Asher!! I love hearing how much you love him!!

And the Nelson gifts ain't too bad either!! Welcome back home!

Judy said...

If there is anything better than hugs from a two year old, I don't know what it is.

Well, the necklace runs a close second, no?

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    About Me

    My photo
    I am 54 years old. I have been married for 32 years to one of the most incredible men on the face of the planet. Our journey hasn't been easy, but it's been rich in love, forgiveness, joy, and adventure. I'm learning daily that God really does have a plan for my life. I want to live into whatever that means...however it unfolds. I'm an ESFP with a healthy dose of ADD...I love to help people see how very incredible they are and how much love God wants to lavish on them!