Thursday, February 28, 2008

Life is full of Challenges

Jules shared a connection to a blog with a challenge. Here’s the challenge:

I dare you to intentionally watch for God’s entry into the everyday corners of your life. Take the 30-Day WGSI challenge: Keep a journal and watch what happens when you look and listen and expect him to interrupt your day. Make time for a sacred interruption, then share it here by leaving a comment. Your experience will encourage us all.

Here’s my response:
I accept the challenge to listen more closely, look more deeply, move much closer to the one who knows and loves me best.

Today...Three amazing God moments. First, I showed a video in my class called Flight From Death The Quest for Immortality and then I read the poem "The Dash." I (in my limited perception and outlook) anticipated complaining and empty apathy from the folks in class--they connected so much with the video and the poem. You could have knocked me down with a feather.

Later I was asked to explain how to connect more deeply with God...the illustrations and information flowed from reservoirs I hadn't visited for so long.

Then, a group from the community (from the Adult Parole Authority) used some rooms in our building for a meeting and one of the attendees was a pastor and chaplain at a nearby prison. The connection was such a God thing I got chills.

It was a good day and God day.

3 comments:

HeyJules said...

Be sure you share those with Bonnie! She will love to hear about them.

Funny how you had three in one day. Father, Son, & Holy Spirit, perhaps??? :-)

Judy said...

So beautiful.

Amazing, that those God moments are always there, we just do not see what we aren't looking for.

Anonymous said...

Tina, what a blessing to read your post at The WGSI 30-Day Challenge! Thank you for taking time to share.

May God bless you in the days ahead. I hope you'll find His fingerprints all over each and every day!

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    About Me

    My photo
    I am 54 years old. I have been married for 32 years to one of the most incredible men on the face of the planet. Our journey hasn't been easy, but it's been rich in love, forgiveness, joy, and adventure. I'm learning daily that God really does have a plan for my life. I want to live into whatever that means...however it unfolds. I'm an ESFP with a healthy dose of ADD...I love to help people see how very incredible they are and how much love God wants to lavish on them!