Saturday, February 16, 2008

I can see the jet plane

I’m sitting in the airport waiting for my flight. At the point where you have to begin the checking process there was a lady standing behind me. She was sighing and swaying nervously. There was a man a couple people in front of me who had a passport that the TSA gals were having some trouble with. She let out a loud sigh and said, quite disgustedly “Come on.” I looked at her and asked her if she’d like to go ahead of me since I had lots of time. I got here at 4:00 and my flight doesn’t leave until 5:40. They just announced that our plane was being cleaned and we would begin boarding at 5:10.

Nelson and I went to Friendly’s for lunch. He got to work today. Thursday and Friday he pulled 12 hour days and then worked 8 today. He was exhausted. I suggested we go out for lunch since tomorrow is our anniversary. It was a nice lunch. We both got meals that came with a happy ending sundae, but I was so full I ordered one that I figured Beth and Ron would like and I got it to go.

On my way to my gate I stopped in one of the shops to pick up a magazine or book. I just didn’t see anything I wanted to spend the money on. I packed some DVD’s to watch at Mom’s. I wish I would have put them in the computer bag. If I had more time I’d watch a movie from Netflicks. I think there’s a longer layover on the way home, or maybe at Phoenix.

Mom and George are driving home form Houston. I just did a search on Yahoo to get a guesstamation on how long their trip might be. It looks like it could be 12 or 13 hours. That’s a long drive. If they’re running behind the plan is for Mom to call my cell and let me know. If I need to I will catch a shuttle from the airport to Mom’s. Honestly, I hope they’re able to pick me up.

Beth was telling Asher last night that Mema was going away for a while, to Arizona. She asked if he could say Arizona. He just gave her “the look” over his glasses that basically informed her that Mema was not allowed to go away. I love that kid. So today I asked him what he wanted me to bring back for him. He really likes Diego and there’s an episode with a Road Runner. There are lots of Road Runners in Arizona so I’m going to get him one. Preferably, stuffed. Nelson doesn’t want anything. Beth doesn’t want a scratchy t-shirt or any of the gross candy I brought home the last time. I’ll probably look for something turquoise for both her and Ann. I’m going to do small stuffed animals of Arizona for the kiddos. I don’t know what I’ll do for Ron, but for Nelson I’ll do the usual: pecans.

Tomorrow is my anniversary. I’ve been married for 29 years. Nelson is an amazing man. Tomorrow I’ll say more about that.

1 comment:

Saija said...

ooohhhhhh, AZ!!! i love AZ!!! we spent time in mesa when we were in our late 30's ... and i didn't miss the cold of our winters at all! you enjoy that sunshien for me, i'd love to be playing scrabble along with you guys!!!

and happy happy anniversary to you two!! you are catching up to us!

blessings to ya!

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    About Me

    My photo
    I am 54 years old. I have been married for 32 years to one of the most incredible men on the face of the planet. Our journey hasn't been easy, but it's been rich in love, forgiveness, joy, and adventure. I'm learning daily that God really does have a plan for my life. I want to live into whatever that means...however it unfolds. I'm an ESFP with a healthy dose of ADD...I love to help people see how very incredible they are and how much love God wants to lavish on them!