Well, it’s Tuesday late afternoon. Mom and I have played 24 games of Scrabble. Earlier we made our trek to Tubac where I purchased the much anticipated road runner for Asher along with a javelina, coyote gecko, desert bunny, and kokipeli. I would have loved to stay and browse the shops all afternoon, but didn’t want to push Mom. We talked about going to the pecan factory, but she got hungry! That’s the first since I’ve been here so we scooted home for sandwiches.
This morning I walked to Curves again. It was a wee bit warmer than yesterday. My heart is trying to tell my head to figure out a way to get my butt down here permanently. I think I could live here. Beth is willing to move and Ann is planning to in a few years. This afternoon when I talked to Nelson on his way home from work he told me to bring home all the classified ads. He’s more than ready to move.
When I’m here I want to be here in the worst kind of way--until I start thinking about it and then I get all anxious about whether I could really handle that big of a cultural change. I listen to my friend who moved from New Jersey to North Carolina and I wonder how adaptable I really am? This is a HUGE cultural change: from Ohio to Arizona? It’s so beautiful. It’s so warm and wonderful. Mom is here.
But it’s not home. I don’t have a job here and I’m not easily employed. My job exists to help others like me overcome the barriers to employment. Would Nelson be able to find comparable work? (Every time I go to CareerBuilder.com the computer dumps me off…grrrrr)
Just some thoughts for now.
Nothing is wasted. My life is often messy: sometimes because of choices I've made and sometimes becuase life is just messy at times. No matter how the mess comes, one thing remains true: out of the mess comes my message.
Tuesday, February 19, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Twitter Updates
About Me
- daisymarie
- I am 54 years old. I have been married for 32 years to one of the most incredible men on the face of the planet. Our journey hasn't been easy, but it's been rich in love, forgiveness, joy, and adventure. I'm learning daily that God really does have a plan for my life. I want to live into whatever that means...however it unfolds. I'm an ESFP with a healthy dose of ADD...I love to help people see how very incredible they are and how much love God wants to lavish on them!
Blog Archive
-
▼
2008
(148)
-
▼
February
(17)
- Life is full of Challenges
- Procrastinating
- Home Sweetness
- Houston and Home
- Thursday and Friday
- Update on Mom
- Pneumonia
- Thinking on Tuesday
- More on Monday
- Day One Scrabble Report
- From Sun City
- I can see the jet plane
- Heading toward the sunshine!
- Review
- Mema and Asher
- Superbowl Sunday
- February's First Friday
-
▼
February
(17)
No comments:
Post a Comment