This was a rough week. I felt so terribly sick when I got up on Tuesday, but I had to teach so I forged on. I was graced with the strength needed to get through seeing participants in the morning, teaching in the afternoon, and going to staff meeting at Curves in the evening. Thank you Lord for grace.
Wednesday was more of the same schedule, but thankfully all I had to battle was a cough. When I got home I realized that I had left the power cord for my laptop in Sandusky and would have to go get it after a long day of teaching on Thursday.
Thursday I taught all day. It went really well. I love that day. I feel so creative and there is so much passion when I'm doing it. I was pretty well drained at the end of the day, but drove the extra distance north and then home with the power cord. I may look into having a spare for such senior moments...
Friday started at the jail in Wayne County. I started with a discussion about reducing distress. They seemed to get it, especially when I discribed how the other end of the continum from distress is boredom and it just as dangerous a place to dwell. After that we watched some clips from the movie "In Pursuit of Happyness." I showed it on the laptop. I was very thankful to have that 17" screen! Then we discussed their impressions and the absolute necessity of hope. It was good.
I worked at the office in the afternoon. In the late afternoon my supervisor and I had a meeting. I explained my processes in the counties and then he talked to me about ways to increase employer contacts. I didn't respond well. I try so hard not to get defensive, but he just seemed to be adding work and forms and not giving me any credit or expressing any appreciation. I have a little better perspective today, but it's still not wonderful.
In the evening I worked at Curves. We were blessed by no late arrivals and Beth and I had all the work (cleaning) done before 7:30, which was nice. But the manager was coming in and we were going to rearrange the machines and go over my annual review. The machines were a piece of cake. But the review was more difficult. I had evaluated myself a couple months ago at a time when I was discouraged and frustrated. I have been there a year and still don't feel competent with some of the basic requirements. This is due to two issues: my initial training was terrible and I work so inconsistently that I haven't built up a sense of competence. It was an okay meeting. I recieved no wage increase. So I've worked there a year and only make minimum wage. Good thing I don't need the money for buills. My pay is my spending money.
Today I came over to Ann's. We visited for a bit and then made our ritual trip to Walmart. I bought them things they needed and a few small splurges on the kiddos. While we were there Caden had a coughing fit and then threw up. That was yucky. I had to keep Pnel out of it, direct everyone around the toxic site, and try not to throw up myself from the smell. Ann hasn't stopped coughing since I've been here. I bought them both cold medicine. Everyone is asleep right now.
I'll check back later.....
Nothing is wasted. My life is often messy: sometimes because of choices I've made and sometimes becuase life is just messy at times. No matter how the mess comes, one thing remains true: out of the mess comes my message.
Saturday, February 9, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Twitter Updates
About Me
- daisymarie
- I am 54 years old. I have been married for 32 years to one of the most incredible men on the face of the planet. Our journey hasn't been easy, but it's been rich in love, forgiveness, joy, and adventure. I'm learning daily that God really does have a plan for my life. I want to live into whatever that means...however it unfolds. I'm an ESFP with a healthy dose of ADD...I love to help people see how very incredible they are and how much love God wants to lavish on them!
Blog Archive
-
▼
2008
(148)
-
▼
February
(17)
- Life is full of Challenges
- Procrastinating
- Home Sweetness
- Houston and Home
- Thursday and Friday
- Update on Mom
- Pneumonia
- Thinking on Tuesday
- More on Monday
- Day One Scrabble Report
- From Sun City
- I can see the jet plane
- Heading toward the sunshine!
- Review
- Mema and Asher
- Superbowl Sunday
- February's First Friday
-
▼
February
(17)
2 comments:
Hugs to you tonight.
there you are!!!
Post a Comment