Sunday, February 24, 2008

Thursday and Friday

Mom is much better and she’s killing me at Scrabble. I can’t get letters or when I do there’s no place to play worth any points. This morning the game score had me up by 9. Now it’s 24 to 18. Sheesh!

Seriously, Mom’s color is over 100% better. And her humor is back. And obviously, her mind has been adversely affected by the steroids.

I talked to Nelson after work today. He was on his way to grocery shopping. He said that Beth has been parking in the garage and therefore coming in the back door after work. As soon as Asher hears the back door he goes running toward the door announcing: Mema’s home! When he sees Mommy he doesn’t do well to hide his disappointment. I have to smile about it now because I’m sure it’s not funny to Beth.

I figured out one reason that I like taking walks so much here. The scenery is breathtaking and it feels so good to be out in the fresh air, but the main reason is that I get away from the blaring TV. George has to have the TV so loud to be able to hear it. Mom and I were watching the golf match (which is happening up the road in Tucson) while George was swimming and we had the volume at a human level. It was nice. Then George got home and my head is now pounding. I’m about ready to go sit out on the patio for some quiet while Mom fixes supper.

Now before you dog me for not helping with dinner, you need to understand how my mom is in her kitchen. My mom is extremely particular about her kitchen. I was never allowed to cook when I was growing up. I might make a mess. She’s lighten up a little over the years, but I still prefer to stay out of the way!

Tomorrow, if Mom continues to feel better, we’re going to go out to a couple shops. At one we buy pecans and other stuff. The second is a Hallmark shop that has so much neat stuff it’s a have to stop on my itinerary. Then on Saturday in the evening we’re going to go see the new movie “Vantage Point.” I think that’s what it’s called. It’s the one about the president being shot. It looks pretty intense. Mom wants to see that one so we’re going to it! Afterwards we’ll go out for dinner.

Friday:
Mom and I went out today. We ran by Walmart where I returned the shirt I bought thinking it was long sleeved and it wasn’t. Then it was off to the Pecan Store where we bought lots of goodies. Then we stopped at my favorite Hallmark store. And we dropped a fortune there. Mom bought me a new Life is Good travel mug and a gorgeous purse--nicer than any I’ve ever had. She got new placemats for the table and breakfast counter. Then we came home for lunch. She did really well and we had a good time.

I scored 117 in one play today. I hit a triple word score in both directions with a 7 letter word (earning the 50 extra points) and I went out on the play. It was a lovely sight to behold. I’m up by 10 games.

I talked to Nelson a little while ago. He says it’s snowing there more than I want to know. We watched the news and I think he’s right. I get to head back into that in two days. Yehaw.

Today while we were playing Scrabble Mom asked me a question I don’t have the answer to. She asked if Nelson and I want to go to Hawaii. Then she asked, while I was still trying to recover from the first question whether we’d rather go to Alaska. I didn’t have an answer. When I was talking to Nelson he said, “Yes.” Goofy man. Mom offered to pay for a trip for us for our 30th anniversary next year. I have to see what kind of deal I can find. Nelson said to look for one that includes both. He’s been out in the cold too long.

Yesterday I had to laugh at myself. I stopped at Walgreens and bought an inexpensive sweatshirt ($3.99) since it’s colder here than what I packed for. So I’m walking home with a white plastic bag. Around here lots of people walk with plastic bags, but they’re usually walking their dog/s!! So there I am walking alone with a full white plastic shopping bag. The image and what it might look like in a retirement community just caused me to laugh right out loud.

Well, let’s see if we can get this posted!

No comments:

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    About Me

    My photo
    I am 54 years old. I have been married for 32 years to one of the most incredible men on the face of the planet. Our journey hasn't been easy, but it's been rich in love, forgiveness, joy, and adventure. I'm learning daily that God really does have a plan for my life. I want to live into whatever that means...however it unfolds. I'm an ESFP with a healthy dose of ADD...I love to help people see how very incredible they are and how much love God wants to lavish on them!