My head hurts. No, not from trying to learn micrometers. The crown, top of my head, scalp hurts. It’s sort of the same hurt when you have a sinus infection, but I have no other symptoms. It’s weird and I want it to stop.
Last night was a wild time. We loaded up two cars with kids, strollers, blankets, and a wheel chair and headed over to our balloon fest. It’s a big deal in our community. The balloons are so wonderful to watch and the food quite yummy. The field was pretty sloppy from the recent rains so we had a bunch of muddy feets.
We looked for a new place to watch the fireworks. We found a spot about two blocks from the display. It was a little hard to get out of the lot, but it was worth the wait. The only thing that was a damper to me was the foul mouthed teenagers that sat around us. I kept wondering what their parents would say if they heard them and then I was wondering how they could be so crass around little children. I wondered if I just felt that way because I was old. They kept up their negative trash talking all the way through the fireworks. I doubt if they saw a single one.
Today I slept in. I didn’t get out of bed until after 8:30. It was glorious! The morning was lazy and then we all hit the back yard with the blow up bouncer. We ran races and played on the swing set. We had lunch outside. Then we took a walk and threw rocks in the creek. We came in for Beth to get ready for work. I thought there might be some naps taken, but I was wayyyyyyy wrong.
Bath time in just a bit. Woohoo, I’m so excited about that. (giggles) Tomorrow will be Sunday School and church. I’ll have to get all three and Pepa in on my own. After lunch we’re going to have a bubble fest in the back yard. Then we’ll be meeting halfway to take two wee ones home.
It’s a bittersweet weekend. Ron is moving out. He and Beth are ending their relationship. It’s going to be tough on Asher. Ron isn’t Asher’s bio, but he is the only Daddy Asher has known. We’ve loved him and taken him in and now he will be gone. I will miss him, too.
Hope we have enough Mr. Bubbles…
Nothing is wasted. My life is often messy: sometimes because of choices I've made and sometimes becuase life is just messy at times. No matter how the mess comes, one thing remains true: out of the mess comes my message.
Saturday, July 5, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Twitter Updates
About Me
- daisymarie
- I am 54 years old. I have been married for 32 years to one of the most incredible men on the face of the planet. Our journey hasn't been easy, but it's been rich in love, forgiveness, joy, and adventure. I'm learning daily that God really does have a plan for my life. I want to live into whatever that means...however it unfolds. I'm an ESFP with a healthy dose of ADD...I love to help people see how very incredible they are and how much love God wants to lavish on them!
Blog Archive
-
▼
2008
(148)
-
▼
July
(20)
- Out of the boat
- Because it needs to be says...
- Catching Up
- The Next Phase
- And then it was Thursday
- Sharing a Smile
- Survived!
- Exciting Monday
- Sunday Ponderings
- Getting the weekend started
- Sweet Summer Days
- Something New
- Days Off
- Monday News
- Waves of Blessings
- Just Stuff
- Insanity
- Bubble Thoughts
- Happy 4th!
- Blessed
-
▼
July
(20)
4 comments:
hope you had a very restful bubble bath! ... sometimes it helps to ease away the daily cares ... it's probably a quiet prayer place for you as well ...
blessings on you
Boy, I didn't make that very clear...the baths were all for the babies...no bubbles for me! giggles and more giggles!
Hi DaisyMarie... Just wanted to drop by and thank you for all your nice comments at my blog. I really appreciate them! Oh, and we had the movers take a few things up those stairs of ours, but they got by easy since we don't have much up there and we had them place our many boxes on our front porch to speed things up. So good ol' Debra has taken a ton of boxes up there! :) If there's anything heavy going up there, it's gonna be delivered by big strong men, believe me! ...smile... Have a great day and thanks again... Blessings, Debra
Poor Asher. My grandson is the same age, and the bonds they have with the adults in their world are SO strong.
So glad he has you and Pepa.
Post a Comment