Monday, July 21, 2008

Exciting Monday

Well, no work today. I did hear from the guy I’m working with. He called this morning and I’ll be starting tomorrow bright and early. I spent some time working with calipers today. This is just so different for this word girl.

This morning on my Facebook I posted this status: “Tina will be spending the day practicing with micrometers and calipers. What in the world is God thinking?” A very wise friend posted this comment: God thinks you can do it.

My first reaction was to laugh. I had meant my response in a sort of light hearted way, but every joke holds veiled truth. There was a real note of feeling overwhelmed in my quip. It reminded me of Paul’s writing to the Corinthians: "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." I am claiming that promise!

The SOP (standard operating procedure) for me is to take on things I can do, or at least things that I think I can pretty much bluff my way through. I am totally incapable of doing this on my own—right now. I have always expected perfection of myself. Not even a possibility. I need to totally rely on God in this one.

Beth took Asher to the Columbus Zoo today. They had a blast. He told us all about it just a little bit ago. He is still so excited. The tigers were the hit of the day and he came home with two stuffed baby tigers: one white and one orange.

This afternoon, since I wasn’t working, I took Nelson for his Doctor’s appointment this afternoon. The good news is that he is healing quite nicely! He has been given permission to put weight on the ankle, but he is to continue using his walker until his next appointment on 8/18. He was quite excited about it.

We stopped for Mexican food for dinner on the way home. It was quite good and I’m excited to have leftovers for tomorrow’s lunch.

I guess it was just an exciting sort of day!

1 comment:

HeyJules said...

It sure sounds like it was a better day! Glad to hear things are looking up - for both you and Nelson. :-)

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    About Me

    My photo
    I am 54 years old. I have been married for 32 years to one of the most incredible men on the face of the planet. Our journey hasn't been easy, but it's been rich in love, forgiveness, joy, and adventure. I'm learning daily that God really does have a plan for my life. I want to live into whatever that means...however it unfolds. I'm an ESFP with a healthy dose of ADD...I love to help people see how very incredible they are and how much love God wants to lavish on them!