I don’t get bureaucracy. Before Nelson had his surgery he pestered the paperwork people to make sure that the correct forms were filled out to be sure that he would get paid. Today he spent the majority of the morning talking with lawyers, caseworkers, and paper pushers at the doctor’s office and BWC. He wanted to know why he wasn’t getting paid. Today we learned that the paperwork for the surgery was filled out for surgery on his “right” ankle, when in fact it was his left ankle. Due to the error BWC is basically taking the stance that they don’t have to pay anything. Tonight Nelson received an email that said this was going to have to go to a hearing to be settled.
Hello, people, we live from paycheck to paycheck and we can’t live without them. I can’t tell my creditors that I can’t pay because some creeps who want to play semantic games with my life won’t pay us what they owe us. I can’t barter for groceries. I can’t wait for a hearing to be scheduled when it’s convenient for them. I’m a jumbled mess of anger and fear on this one.
Nelson told me about this wonderful news when I called him at lunch so I’ve had lots of time to think about it. The first thing I did was go into the receptionist at work (she’s a member of our ABF at church) and ask if she’d put this out as a prayer request. She was heading out to lunch and said she’d do it while she was home. It was the only thing that made sense. I needed lots of people praying for sanity and for quick action.
I have composed this next paragraph about a dozen times and erased each one. I don’t know what else to say. I think I’ll just go to bed right now.
Nothing is wasted. My life is often messy: sometimes because of choices I've made and sometimes becuase life is just messy at times. No matter how the mess comes, one thing remains true: out of the mess comes my message.
Monday, July 7, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Twitter Updates
About Me
- daisymarie
- I am 54 years old. I have been married for 32 years to one of the most incredible men on the face of the planet. Our journey hasn't been easy, but it's been rich in love, forgiveness, joy, and adventure. I'm learning daily that God really does have a plan for my life. I want to live into whatever that means...however it unfolds. I'm an ESFP with a healthy dose of ADD...I love to help people see how very incredible they are and how much love God wants to lavish on them!
Blog Archive
-
▼
2008
(148)
-
▼
July
(20)
- Out of the boat
- Because it needs to be says...
- Catching Up
- The Next Phase
- And then it was Thursday
- Sharing a Smile
- Survived!
- Exciting Monday
- Sunday Ponderings
- Getting the weekend started
- Sweet Summer Days
- Something New
- Days Off
- Monday News
- Waves of Blessings
- Just Stuff
- Insanity
- Bubble Thoughts
- Happy 4th!
- Blessed
-
▼
July
(20)
2 comments:
Praying for you, my dear friend.
These are scary times.
Heavenly Father, You know all our needs ... i ask now that You would be moving behind the scenes of Tina's life ... so that all things will fall into place as they should ... in Jesus name i pray ...
Post a Comment