Friday, July 25, 2008

The Next Phase

I sat here last week trying to write an entry about the desire of my heart. I was totally at a loss for words. I couldn’t put two thoughts together that made any sense.
That was then.
For the past two days I have been working out the details of my new venture. In less than a month I’m going to go for grant proposal training. I am going to start a Grant Writing Service.
I have a name: Nexus Grant Writing Services
Nexus comes from the Latin and it means connection, center, core, link, network, union. It is from the past participle of nectere, to bind.

I have a Mission Statement: My purpose is to connect those who serve with the resources that make it possible

I have a foundational scripture verse/principle: 2 Corinthians 9:8
And God is able to provide you with every blessing in abundance, so that by always having enough of everything, you may share abundantly in every good work.

I have the beginnings of a Business Plan. I have started acquiring a library. I have contacted personal resources.

I have asked a few close friends to pray. I would welcome, accept, and appreciate other prayers for guidance. One of the hurdles I asked them to pray about was the funding for the workshop/training seminar next month. I have received the money to make that possible. Not as a loan but as an investment.

Tonight, I googled Nexus and I found this really cool sculpture. It was all intertwined and connected. And as I sat and looked at it, I began to get all teary. It was clear as clear could be I had found my heart’s desire—and I knew what it was all along.



For as absolutely long as I can remember, I have longed for and craved connection. My family’s dysfunctionality was and is expressed in disconnection. My favorite movie growing up was “The Wizard of Oz” and I think it was because I could relate with Dorothy’s search for a sense of belonging and connection.

So how cool is it that God has not only given me my heart’s desire, but begun to let me have a peek at the plans He has for me?! Answer: Way absolutely cool!

4 comments:

Judy said...

Wow!

The Momma said...

Coolness indeed.
I'll add my prayers too!!

Anonymous said...

that's a 3 D celtic "cross" type model and I love it

Bless your dreams and your enthusiasm for them

Sharon said...

This is a much needed service!! Grant writing is so specific that people can't tend to their jobs and figure out which grant wants what too. This will be a wonderful service and ministry!!

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    About Me

    My photo
    I am 54 years old. I have been married for 32 years to one of the most incredible men on the face of the planet. Our journey hasn't been easy, but it's been rich in love, forgiveness, joy, and adventure. I'm learning daily that God really does have a plan for my life. I want to live into whatever that means...however it unfolds. I'm an ESFP with a healthy dose of ADD...I love to help people see how very incredible they are and how much love God wants to lavish on them!