Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Survived!

I made it. (Break into a chorus of “I Will Survive!”) I got there right before 7AM and I was supposed to wait in JB’s office. I went to the office and the door was locked. I found out that JB had been out all last week and had come back to work on Monday, but he was feeling pretty awful. I was afraid maybe he took today off too. Fortunately, not!

I spent the majority of the day measuring a part. There are over 3000 pieces. They are an inch tall and a half inch wide and a quarter inch thick. Each piece required no less than 8 checks. I had to do visual checks on each piece, too. I didn’t have the best tool for the job to begin with so I ended up having to recheck all the pieces. I got about 325 done and had 84 scrap. JB didn’t like the percentage and is going to see if they want to continue the 100% check.

I learned today that I am only working part-time with JB and hopefully there will be work on the other side. I get to continue with my little piece tomorrow. I don’t know what Thursday and Friday will hold. Next week I work Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday on the hub/bearing line and Thursday and Friday with JB. Hopefully things will stay busy in both sections.

I had an interesting revelation as I was measuring to the hundred thousands of an inch (.000). I wished I had been a little more disciplined and learned to knit and crochet. What I was doing today reminded me of intricate stitching that I avoided in my youth and now I can barely see (Thank God for bifocals!). But I am abundantly thankful for reduction in physical stress. I learned that I haven’t lost all my adaptability. And that’s a very good thing!

I spent the major portion of the evening rocking Asher. He hurt his finger (stuck it in the DVD player) right before Mommy left for work and I’m not sure which hurt more: his finger or his heart. He hadn’t had a nap and he just got stuck in crying/fit mode. He was even crying in his sleep. Mema to the rescue. It wouldn’t be a hardship if the little guy wasn’t an inferno when he sleeps! When I finally laid him down, my shirt was soaked. Right now he’s watching the Wiggles with Pepa and eating his dinner.

And now, I’m thinking bed would be a very wise option. To sleep perchance to have sweet dreams. May all your dreams be sweet!

No comments:

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    About Me

    My photo
    I am 54 years old. I have been married for 32 years to one of the most incredible men on the face of the planet. Our journey hasn't been easy, but it's been rich in love, forgiveness, joy, and adventure. I'm learning daily that God really does have a plan for my life. I want to live into whatever that means...however it unfolds. I'm an ESFP with a healthy dose of ADD...I love to help people see how very incredible they are and how much love God wants to lavish on them!